Jefferson Ambulatory Surgery Center has been organized with the following goals and objectives:
- To provide the community with a health care system devoted to ambulatory care services, which offer a safe, efficient, and cost-effective alternative to hospitalization.
- To operate a facility uniquely designed for the safe and efficient performance of surgical procedures appropriate to the ambulatory setting.
- To support and encourage a professional nursing staff who will strive to maintain excellence of care while utilizing the Nursing Process to continuously assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient centered nursing care.
- To encourage and provide for patient and family involvement in the surgical process, postoperative recover and continued health management.
- To allay patient apprehension and anxiety through consistent and continuing patient education.
- To promote a team approach in the delivery of ambulatory surgical services (patients, physicians, nursing staff, and ancillary personnel).
- To maintain ongoing quality improvement and self-assessment programs to assure patient satisfaction and monitor standards of care.
Should complications develop with a patient whose level of care exceeds the facility’s level of technology, that patient will be transferred to an appropriate regional facility.